Salah satu bidang yang menjadi fokus penelitian di Puslatif adalah E-Learning. Walaupun maish dalam tahap awal, namun aktivitas di Puslatif diarahkan pada sebuah kerangka penelitian besar di bidang e-learning. Berikut ini adalah gambaran umum penelitian yang dapat dilaksanakan pada bidang e-learning. Menurut Tony Bates, secara garis besar, tema utama penelitian di bidang e-learning dapat dibedakan menjadi 3 bagian yaitu :
- Management of e-learning
- Teaching and learning online
- e-learning technology: design, development dan evaluation.
Selanjutnya Bates melakukan katagorisasi topik sebagai berikut :
The management of e-learning
- The design of virtual institutions. Dengan Output: classification system/definitions; success measures; understanding of relationship between political and social environment and policy-making; boundaries/niches for virtual learning; organizational strategies to support virtual learning.
- The costs and benefits of e-learning. Dengan Possible outputs:international standards/agreed methodology for cost-benefit analysis of e-learning; improved business plans for cost-recovery/for-profit operations; better internal budgeting and accounting; activity-based costing; better information for internal evaluation of programs and initiatives; improve a department’s/institution’s positioning for future investment.
- Best practices in the institutional planning and management of e-learning. Possible outputs: more selective use of e-learning in conventional institutions; performance measures for the operation and management of e-learning; higher quality learning as a result of better-prepared and supported teachers/ professors; more effective use of resources; deeper and more extensive change within an institution; identification of unpredicted side-effects of e-learning (good and bad).
- Best Practices in system-wide or national planning and management of e- learning. Possible outputs:identification of government strategies/gaps in strategy; advice to governments on their roles (and when not to get involved) in supporting e- learning; performance measures for national investment in e-learning Research into the planning and management of e-learning will require a time commitment from senior management as well as researchers. It will be necessary also to identify local, national and international partners for such research. However, research into the planning and management of e-learning has not received much attention in academic circles (i.e. there is little competition), and such research should yield quick and substantive results in an area where there is considerable interest by policy-makers. Such research will position an institution well as a leader in the field of e-learning.
Teaching and learning
- Methods of course design.Possible outputs: guidelines on designing effective e-learning; development of theories of instruction; suggestions for training faculty and instructional designers; input to the design of programs; new designs for e-learning based on measures of learning outcomes
- Quality assurance. Possible outputs: better acceptance of e-learning by professional associations and professors; strengthening of internal processes; international standards/ processes for quality assurance of e-learning; improvement to accreditation processes.
- Collaborative learning, critical thinking, problem-based learning and knowledge construction: Possible outcomes: better course design; better student engagement; higher quality learning outcomes; guidelines for online designers and instructors; unexpected consequences (good and bad)
- Synchronous web teaching: Possible outcomes: a theory for selective use of synchronous and asynchronous communications technologies; innovative software development and course designs integrating synchronous and asynchronous communications technologies; commercial spin-off companies and partnerships
- ‘Virtual students’ and ‘digital natives’Possible outcomes: improved marketing; higher completion rates; better or improved learner support/student administrative services; development of theory about those studying in virtual environments. It can be seen that there is a wide variety of possible research in the areas of teaching and learning, and many other potential competitors or partners. Some of these topics are related to possible studies in both planning and management, and research into e- learning technologies. It will be important for a department or research centre to focus on those areas of research into e-learning teaching and learning where it has unique advantages or can provide unique resources for research.
- Content maagement and design: New developments in e-learning such as learning objects, learning resource management platforms, and e-portfolios are forcing a re-examination of course design and delivery methods. Possible outcomes: policies and a methodology for content management; development of theory and practice in digital content management; the creation of an archive of searchable digital learning resources; commercial spin-off companies and partnerships; a global network of resource sharing.
- Web services: Possible outcomes: better services to students and staff; new software development; innovative services; spin-off consultancies and marketing of U of G products and services.
- Web 2.0 tools. Possible outcomes: new designs for learning; more precision in choice of Web 2.0 tools; better understanding of the market for Web 2.0-based learning; identification of areas where learner support is most needed (and not needed).
October 28, 2009 No Comments
Menurut Artur M Virtue, untuk menjawab sebuah pertanyaan berikut : mengapa teknologi itu dalam proses pembelajaran ? maka paling tidak ada 8 alasan sebagai jawabannya.
- Using technology involves the student in the learning process. Students using technology become active participants in the learning process instead of passive listeners.
- Using technology eliminates most discipline problems. When the student is involved in the work, there is little time for trouble.
- Using technology allows students to take ownership of the project. When the student is empowered to find his/her own answers, the learning process becomes much more interesting.
- Using technology transforms the teacher from authority expert to facilitator.The teacher becomes more of a participant than authority expert when the students use technology to find answers online.
- Using technology is familiar to today’s students. Technology use is part of the normal learning process for students; it is in their quot;comfort zonequot; and teachers often learn new technology programs along with students.
- Using technology reduces the workload on the teacher. Technology as a tool enhances, and replaces, text, paper and pencil because students can use technology for both reference and presentation.
- Using technology allows for a smooth transition from school to work and school to college . Technology is used everywhere – in math, science, engineering, transportation, manufacturing, and every business application you can think of. From sales transactions and inventory control, to e-commerce, the uses for technology are limitless.
- Using technology allows for the free exchange of information. The widespread use of compatible word processing and graphic software programs allow information to be exchanged easier than ever before.
October 21, 2009 No Comments
Industri seluler dukung ekonomi kreatif
Written by Roll Content
Wednesday, 31 December 2008 08:16
Ke depan, ekonomi kreatif secara umum dan industri kreatif khususnya diyakini akan menjadi primadona. Ada tiga alasan yang mendasari keyakinan tersebut, yaitu hemat energi karena lebih berbasis pada kreativitas, lebih sedikit menggunakan sumber daya alam, dan menjanjikan keuntungan lebih tinggi.
Ketiga faktor di atas juga ditopang oleh ketersediaan sumber daya manusia (SDM) yang belimpah. Saat ini jumlah penduduk Indonesia sekitar 230 juta. Populasi yang berusia 15-29 tahun berkisar 40,2 juta atau hampir 18,4% merupakan pasar yang sangat gemuk bagi produk-produk industri kreatif.
Aktivitas ekonomi kreatif meliputi 14 subsektor, yakni periklanan; arsitektur; pasar barang seni; kerajinan; desain; busana; video, film, dan fotografi; permainan interaktif; musik; seni pertunjukan; penerbitan dan percetakan; layanan komputer dan peranti lunak; televisi dan radio; serta riset dan pengembangannya.
October 20, 2009 No Comments